IN THIS ARTICLE
OUR IN-DEPTH COURSE ANALYSIS
Dive into the dynamic world of User Experience (UX) design with our exploration of Springboard’s UX Design Career Track. This transformative, project-centered course offers students not just an education, but a launchpad to success – bolstering portfolios with refined skills, and opening doors to the job market through seasoned mentors and robust career support.
The project-based learning approach is a highlight of the UX Design Career Track by Springboard. Students work on real-world projects and develop a competitive portfolio that showcases their skills and abilities.
This approach allows students to gain practical experience and apply their knowledge to real-world problems.
Personalized Feedback and Mentorship
Another highlight of the program is the personalized feedback and mentorship provided by experienced mentors. Students receive feedback on their work and guidance on how to improve their skills.
This one-on-one mentorship helps students refine their work and gain the confidence needed to succeed in the job market.
Comprehensive Career Support
The program also offers comprehensive career support, including resume reviews, mock interviews, and job placement assistance.
The program also provides access to a community of learners, a valuable resource for professional development.
Program Details Overview
|Program duration||6 months|
|Hours for week||15-20 hours|
|Program location||Online only|
|Total number of projects||3 portfolio projects|
|Mentor model||1-on-1 mentorship with an experienced UX designer|
|Job Support||Career coaching, resume reviews, mock interviews, job placement assistance, and a job guarantee|
The UX Design Career Track program teaches students a range of skills to become successful UX designers. Here are some of the key skills they will learn:
By the end of the program, students will have developed a comprehensive set of skills to create effective, user-centered designs that meet the needs of users and businesses alike.
The program covers a range of design tools, including Figma, Sketch, and Adobe XD. Students will choose one of these tools to use for the rest of the program.
In addition to these design tools, students will also learn how to use other tools and technologies commonly used in the industry, such as InVision, Zeplin, and Marvel.
The program is flexible and self-paced, allowing students to complete it on their own schedule.
It is entirely online, with live Q&A sessions and peer collaboration opportunities scheduled at specific times. Students are expected to complete assignments and projects on a weekly basis.
The program is structured into several units, each of which covers a specific topic related to UX desig.
It includes a variety of materials such as video lectures, readings, quizzes, assignments, projects, live Q&A sessions with mentors, peer collaboration and feedback, and career coaching and support.
The Springboard UX Design Bootcamp offers a comprehensive approach to evaluating and improving student work, with 1-on-1 mentor support, usability tests, and career coaching.
Throughout the program, students will receive personalized feedback and guidance from experienced mentors, who will help them tackle the curriculum, answer their questions, and iterate on their prototypes.
The Springboard UX Design Bootcamp is designed for individuals who want to develop their skills in user experience design and pursue a career in this field.
The program is open to anyone who meets the admission criteria, regardless of their background or experience.
- At least one year of documented professional experience or a degree in areas such as user research, HCI, human factors, graphic/industrial design, architecture, studio arts, UI design.
- A strong interest in user experience design and a desire to learn new skills
- Successfully complete an assessment that tests fundamental visual abilities, analytical reasoning, and the capacity to understand and share users’ feelings.
How Does the Admission Process Work?
Step 1: Application Submission
Prospective students are required to complete an application form, which typically takes around 10-15 minutes. The application collects information about the applicant’s background and professional goals. It is important to note that there is no fee for submitting the application, and it is processed promptly upon submission.
Step 2: Admissions Discussion
Once the application is submitted, the admissions team initiates contact with the applicant. This usually involves a phone call to review the application and address any questions or concerns the applicant may have.
Step 3: Technical Skills Survey
In order to ensure a successful learning experience, applicants are requested to complete a technical skills survey. This survey helps assess the applicant’s existing knowledge and proficiency. It is worth mentioning that the program is designed to accommodate individuals with varying levels of experience, so newcomers to the field need not worry.
Step 4: Reservation and Enrollment
Upon successful completion of the technical skills survey, the applicant will receive a registration link. This allows them to choose their preferred start date and payment plan that aligns with their needs. Once the spot is reserved and the enrollment process is complete, the applicant can look forward to embarking on a transformative career journey.
The curriculum of the Springboard UX Design Bootcamp is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of user experience design and equip them with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in this field.
The program consists of seven core units that cover a range of topics, including design thinking, user research, prototyping, and user interface design. Through a combination of online coursework, mentorship, and hands-on projects, students will learn how to create effective user experiences that meet the needs of users and businesses alike.
The curriculum is designed to be self-paced and flexible, allowing students to complete the program in 3-6 months with a commitment of 15-20 hours per week.
Here is a detailed description of each of the seven core units in the Springboard UX Design Bootcamp:
1. Introduction to UX Design: This unit provides an overview of the fundamentals of UX design and the critical elements of the UX design process. Students will learn about the various UX design roles available in the field and explore the sub-disciplines within each role.
2. Design Thinking: Before diving into User Centered Design (UCD), the process at the heart of the curriculum, students will examine the philosophy from which UCD and many innovation frameworks have emerged: design thinking. Grounded in empathy, design thinking is a hands-on, iterative approach to problem-solving that students will use to create effective user experiences.
3. User Research: This unit covers the methods and techniques used to conduct user research, including surveys, interviews, and usability testing. Students will learn how to collect and analyze data to gain insights into user needs and behaviors.
4. Information Architecture: In this unit, students will learn how to organize and structure information in a way that is intuitive and easy to navigate for users. Topics covered include site maps, wireframes, and user flows.
5. Synthesizing Your Research: Understanding the data collected during the research phase is critical to making decisions that reflect the interests of users. This unit covers the different methods used to synthesize research to keep designs focused on the user.
6. Introduction to Design Tools: Students will get acquainted with the most common design tools at their disposal, including Figma, Sketch, and Adobe XD. They will choose one of the three to use for the rest of the program (note that Sketch is only compatible with Mac users.
7. Design and Ideate: This unit covers the process of ideation and prototyping, including sketching, wireframing, and creating high-fidelity mockups. Students will learn how to create effective user interfaces that meet the needs of users and businesses alike.
The Springboard UX Design Bootcamp offers students the opportunity to complete three portfolio projects as part of the program. These projects include a design sprint, a capstone project, and an industry design project. Through these projects, students gain hands-on experience with each stage of the design process, from identifying a problem and building high-fidelity mockups, to testing their prototype and communicating their findings.
Here is a detailed description of each of the three portfolio projects:
1. Design Sprint: The design sprint project is focused on mastering agile methodology and rapid iteration under tight deadlines. Students will work through a Google Ventures-style design sprint process to sharpen their design skills. The project involves identifying a problem, conducting user research, ideating and prototyping solutions, and testing and iterating on the prototype. At the end of the sprint, students will submit a case study that showcases their process and deliverables.
2. Capstone Project: The capstone project is a crucial part of the curriculum that allows students to integrate and synthesize all of the skills they have developed while working through the course. The project steps correlate to the User-Centered Design Process, which includes research, ideation, prototyping, and testing. Students will work on different steps of the capstone throughout the program, culminating in a final project that demonstrates their ability to apply the design process to a real-world problem.
3. Industry Design Project: The industry design project is an opportunity for students to work on a real-world design challenge in collaboration with an industry partner. Students will work in teams to identify a problem, conduct user research, ideate and prototype solutions, and test and iterate on the prototype. The project is designed to provide students with hands-on experience working on a real-world design challenge and to help them build connections with industry professionals.
Through these three portfolio projects, students gain practical experience working on real-world design challenges and build a strong portfolio that showcases their skills and experience. In addition to the portfolio projects, the program also includes instruction on how to build a job-ready portfolio that incorporates all of the projects completed during the bootcamp. Students learn how to refine their case studies, write an engaging bio and create a personal logo, build their portfolio site, and critique and review their portfolio.
Here are some portfolio examples from Springboard students:
Mentorship and support
Mentorship and support are integral components of the Springboard UX Design Bootcamp. Each student is matched with a mentor who provides regular feedback, answers questions, and helps them tackle the curriculum. Mentors are experienced professionals in the field of UX design who offer an insider’s perspective and keep students accountable.
In addition to mentorship, students receive career coaching throughout the program. Career-specific units cover topics such as job search strategies, building a network, creating a high-quality resume and LinkedIn profile, preparing for technical and non-technical interviews, and successful negotiation. Students also have access to a community of peers who can offer support and feedback. The program is designed to be self-paced and flexible, but students are never alone in their learning journey.
The mentorship and support provided by Springboard ensure that students have the resources they need to succeed in the program and beyond. For a detailed analysis of the different types of mentorship available and a comparison of how different UX design schools utilize mentorship, you can refer to this article: UX Design Mentorship.
Career & Job Support
PERSONALIZED CAREER COACHING
The Springboard UX Design Bootcamp offers a range of career services to help students transition into the design industry. One of the key services is 1-1 career coaching, where each student is assigned a dedicated career coach who provides personalized guidance and support throughout the program. The career coach helps students create a tailored job search strategy based on their background and goals, and provides feedback on their resume, cover letter, and portfolio. They also offer tips on how to evaluate companies and roles, ace interviews, and negotiate the best possible salary. This personalized career coaching ensures that students are well-equipped to succeed in the job market.
JOB PREPARATION COURSE
The program also includes a job preparation course that helps students develop the skills and knowledge they need to land a job in the design industry. The course covers topics such as job search strategies, building a network, creating a high-quality resume and LinkedIn profile, preparing for technical and non-technical interviews, and successful negotiation. The career coach is with students every step of the way, offering feedback and providing personalized tips based on their goals. This job preparation course ensures that students are well-prepared to succeed in the job market.
ADDITIONAL SUPPORT FOR JOB PLACEMENT
In addition to personalized career coaching and the job preparation course, the Springboard UX Design Bootcamp offers additional support to help students find a job. This includes job placement assistance, where the program helps students connect with employers and job opportunities in the design industry. The program also offers a job guarantee to students who are job-qualified. Overall, the program’s comprehensive career services and job placement assistance ensure that students are well-equipped to succeed in the design industry.
The Job Guarantee
The Springboard UX Design Bootcamp offers a job guarantee to students who are job-qualified. This means that if a student does not get a job within 6 months of graduating, they will receive a full refund of their tuition. The job guarantee is designed to provide students with peace of mind and ensure that they are well-prepared to succeed in the job market.
To qualify for the job guarantee, students must meet certain criteria.
First, they must complete the program and all of the required coursework. Second, they must be job-qualified, which means that they have met the program’s standards for job readiness. This includes having a high-quality portfolio, a well-crafted resume and cover letter, and the ability to perform well in technical and non-technical interviews. Once a student meets these criteria, they are eligible for the job guarantee.
The program will work with the student to identify areas for improvement and provide additional support to help them find a job. If the student is still unable to find a job within the 6-month timeframe, they will receive a full refund of their tuition.
Overall, the job guarantee provides students with a safety net and ensures that they are well-prepared to succeed in the job market. It also demonstrates the program’s commitment to student success and job placement.
For more details on the requirements and considerations related to job guarantees in most bootcamps, you can refer to this article: UX Bootcamp Job Guarantee.
Based on the reviews from CourseReport and SwitchUp, the UX Design course offered by Springboard has received positive feedback. Students have expressed satisfaction with the course, highlighting its value and quality.
The course has an average rating of 4.68 out of 5 on CourseReport, indicating a high level of satisfaction among students. The reviews highlight the course’s comprehensive curriculum, one-on-one mentorship, and career support as standout features.
Students appreciate the flexibility of the course, which allows them to learn at their own pace. They also commend the practical, project-based approach to learning, which helps them build a robust portfolio.
Some students, however, have noted that the course can be challenging for those completely new to the field. Overall, the trend of reviews suggests that the Springboard UX Design course is a valuable investment for those looking to break into the field or enhance their existing skills.
The tuition covers:
- 350+ hour curated curriculum by industry experts
- 4-week Independent Design Project with a real company
- Regular 1-on-1 video calls with a personal mentor
- Access to an exclusive community of mentors, coaches, and peers
- Dedicated community managers for prompt project feedback
- Personalized feedback on resume, portfolio, and social profiles
- 1-on-1 career coaching sessions for customized job-search strategy
- Mock interviews for practice (behavioral and technical)
- Exclusive employer network access
- Springboard Job Guarantee: Land a job within 6 months of course completion or get a refund. Terms apply.
- All taxes and fees included
The cost of the Springboard UX Design Bootcamp varies based on the chosen payment plan.
Students can opt for a monthly payment plan, which requires an initial deposit followed by monthly payments throughout the duration of the program, this plan offers flexibility as you only pay for the months you need, and you can save up to 20%. Alternatively, there’s an upfront payment plan that offers a 34% discount for those who pay the full tuition in advance.
Additionally, Springboard provides options for deferred tuition and financed tuition loans, making the program more accessible to a wider range of students. These flexible payment options aim to accommodate different financial situations and make the course more affordable.
Students can enjoy a 34% discount by making a one-time, upfront payment of $7,900.
Pay Monthly (based upon 6 months)
With this plan, students get a 20% discount, they pay $1,590 upfront, then monthly payments of $1,590 until course completion
We understand the value of continuous learning and career advancement, and to support this, we’re thrilled to being able to provide a significant discount of $300 on all Springboard Career Track courses.
To take advantage from UXBestCourses’ exclusive offer on Springboard’s Career Track courses, use the provided link and discount code.
Simply follow the link to the course page, and enter the discount code at checkout